Monday, August 1, 2016

misty whatcha call your memories

I have a problem with a couple things people say. The first is when they say “I need closure.” Because you don’t get closure. Everything that happens stays in your head and you’re never going to close it out permanently. I can still make myself squirm by thinking about some terrible thing I said to somebody a half century ago. The best you can do is create workarounds, is all. Then people will say, “I’m a survivor,” which would be okay if they added “so far.” Because your survival is purely temporary. Sooner or later, you’ll be getting that closure.

2 comments:

Aggie said...

Not to nitpick or anything, but it's actually "misty whatchya call your memories."

Dave Maleckar said...

Oops. Next time I steal from you, I will check spelling first.