Monday, September 8, 2014

Do NOT wiki hyena butter.


Here's a sentence I just had occasion to read: "Hyenas do not take to eating jackal flesh readily; four hyenas were reported to take half an hour in eating one." Amazing. This answers a question I would never have thought to ask. But now I want to know more. Who reported this? To whom? Is half an hour an unusually long time to eat a jackal? Compared to normal hyena eating speed, or some control species' standard jackal consumption rate, divided by four? Anyway, half an hour doesn't seem all that slow to polish off a quarter of a jackal.

1 comment:

Aggie said...

I should have heeded Dave's warning.

But I didn't.

And now I'm imploring you by all that is holy to remain blissfully ignorant, and DO NOT WIKI HYENA BUTTER.

Especially while eating lunch. Especially if said lunch is a peanut butter sandwich.