Monday, May 2, 2022

With age comes wisdom.

You know how sometimes you and some running buddies would get into maybe a little too much Everclear and non-prescription pharmaceuticals and get it into your heads that it would be a lot of fun to go joy riding in a vehicle that didn’t belong to you? And if you were ever young you’ll recall the exhilaration of evading the pursuing law enforcement officers before bailing out and heading home to sleep it off. It doesn’t always work out that way. Sometimes, the authorities seem to anticipate your every move, always one step ahead. It’s hard to steal a streetcar.

2 comments:

Crotchety Dave said...

... dunno. It might just be me but this rant seems to be particularly off the rails.

M.A. said...

My first future husband and I swiped my roommates car to drive to Denver. We hit a deer on the way through the mountains, such a dent! My roomie's mom was SO pissed! It took awhile, but I finally paid her back for the repair. No Everclear involved, just boredom and troo luv... Good grief, that was over a half century ago! How it flies.