Monday, September 21, 2009

Children of the Corn

So you get these exposés about our food supply, and here's the reaction: Squeamish parlor pinks seek out more expensive sources for their fodder to ensure that their sense of virtue is as untroubled as their digestion. And almost every other American reacts by doing nothing at all. What's to do? Our shoes are made by children in Asia, our clothes are sewn by paupers in Mexico. We've squandered America's bright promise, betrayed one another beyond any hope of reconciliation, and turned humanity's last best hope into a coast-to-coast parking lot. And now we're supposed to feel sorry for cows?

1 comment:

JP said...

gee Dave. I'm sorry.
I didn't realize you expected a comment on last weeks food exposé, aaah rant. I practiced saying "Norman Borlaug" over and over. That counts as doing something - doesn't it?
It's just - I can't decide between cows and delta smelt. If cows is the CO2 problem, then maybe them that delta smelta.
yep - I'm gathering up all my clothes and shoes and putting them out for Purple Heart. I hear they boil down a decent gumbo outta the pickups.
<