Monday, May 28, 2018

Absurder than fiction

The toilet tank was refilling periodically so I shut off the stop and sure enough the tank drained to the very bottom, past the neck of the flush valve. So I took the tank off and went to True Value on my bike for a matching shank washer and I installed it but when I reassembled the whole deal it was leaking worse than before. By then it was time to clean up and go the Columns Hotel to play a set of Dusty Springfield hits. That was yesterday. If you’re thinking, “This isn’t very funny,” well, no, it isn’t.

3 comments:

Mikey said...

Yes, it is. Really.

Aggie said...

Wishin' and hopin' and flushin' and sprayin'
Plumbin' and dreamin' the leakin' would stop
But looks like you still need a mop

Dave Maleckar said...

So if you're lookin' to find a way not to get drenched,
Keep plumbin' and dreamin' and cussin'
And tryin' to find the wrench