Monday, March 2, 2020

In which Dave dreams big.

Travel is overrated. Most places are about the same notwithstanding variations in temperature and ambient light levels. But dang, I feel like I’ve been missing out big time because I’ve never been to Logan, Ohio. Friends, when the Reverend Paul A. Johnson died in 2010 he left a collection of about 3,400 pencil sharpeners which are now displayed at Logan’s Pencil Sharpener Museum. Plan your trip for Father's Day weekend to enjoy the annual Washboard Music Festival. (Logan is home to the Columbus Washboard Company, our nation’s only extant producer of said implements.) My bucket list has exactly one item.

2 comments:

Aggie said...

Dear Dave,
Hold on just a goldang minute! You need to see the Hamilton Wood Type Museum, featuring 1.5 million pieces of type (but who’s counting), in Two Rivers, Wisconsin! But don’t pack your bags just yet---Wait until the first weekend in June, and you’ll also get to experience Carp Fest: Food! Music! And carp fishing like you’ve never seen! (Link below.) I realize that there’s no sense in trying to compare pencil-sharpener apples to wood-type oranges, so I won’t---but I do think that anyone’s bucket list can (and should) accommodate both museums! (The Two Rivers-Two Creeks-Shoto metroplex beckons…)

https://www.travelwisconsin.com/events/fishing/carp-fest-and-the-wisconsin-carp-championship-40901

Dave Maleckar said...

Thank you! You've doubled my reasons to live.