Monday, August 29, 2022

It’s okay, I’m a dad.

One time I wanted to move this great huge rock from my backyard up to in front by the driveway to paint the house number on it. It was terrifically heavy so my plan was to put a big iron bar across a block of wood and just ootch it over a bit at a time. But my buddy Nathaniel, who is enormously big and strong, happened to stop by and he just bent over and picked up the rock and carried it over to exactly where I wanted it. And I thought to myself, “Well, better Nate than lever.”

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Aaargh!

Unknown said...

My name is Mike Gustkey. I teach 7th grade LA in Kenai, Alaska. I've received Funny Times for many years. This year in school I'm offering my students extra credit for writing a monthly 100 word rant. The first ones just cam in for August, and I'm so impressed with the many thesmes. I just wanted to contact you and thank you for influencing my students. Cheers.

Dave Maleckar said...

Thanks Mike. The combination of 7th graders and working in Alaska should qualify you for combat pay!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laugh. I could use some more money. I would just say that Alaska is spectacular and I have a really good group of 7th graders this year. Be well.